Fairfield Farms Dairy Cooling Station Detour
Land Transfers / Waesche
- Georg Heinrich Wasche (Waesche) AKA:"Waesche" Born October 21, 1807 Edemissen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Husband of Catherine Waesche, Had ~7 children among them a son
Charles Albert Waesche January 8, 1844 Detour, Carroll, Maryland, USA - November 22, 1936 in Baltimore, MD
George died June 11, 1849 in Panama from Cholera pursuing the California Gold Rush.
His wife Catherine sold land of his to Jacob Wilhide (9 Sep 1793 - married Margaret Rebecca Late (had 2 children) - 17 Jan 1862).
His son Charles married Laura Elizabeth Waesche. May 20th, 1887 Charles brother Joseph purchased land from William F. Cover
April 8th, 1910 Joseph A. Waesche transfered property to Charles A. Waesche and Laura (his wife)
April 1st, 1915 Charles A. Waesche and Laura (his wife) sold "Prosperity" part of "Resurvery of Pipe Creek Hills" (93+ acres)
to William C. Miller and Sarah E. Miller(wife) for $7000
February 9, 1923 Carroll County Circuit Court Liber 141, page 293, William C. Miller and wife to Fairfield Farms Dairy Inc.
Dec 30, 1821 Jacob and Margaret Wilhide had son Reuben who married Mary Ellen Dern and had a child. Reuben passed away on 27 Jan 1903.
George Emory Wilhide born to Reuben Mary Ellen Wilhide died as an child (1871 - 1875). 2 years late they had another son.
1877 Reuben Wilhide and Mary Ellen Wilhide (born Dern) had a son Jacob Maurice Wilhide(Maurice J Wilhide 1877 - 1944).
Maurice J. Wilhide in the 1940 Census 63 in 1940 est Birth Year 1877, May Wilhide 60 yrs, Female in same household
June 30, 1911 Maurice Jacob and May Haugh Wilhide had son Carroll Maurice Wilhide in Detour, who remained active in farming through the 1980's.
His sons Myron and Richard continued into the 2000's and are mentioned in articles quoted here.
- Richard's great grandfather Jacob b.1793 bought their farm from (she) wasche after he died in Panama going to CA rush
MD SDAT June 26, 1992 Roger D. Liller to Robert Eugene Liller for $45,000
California Gold Rush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(1848–1855) was a period in American history which began on January 24, 1848, when gold was found by James W. Marshall
I found the same surname when searching the creamery property
May 20th, 1887 (Land from William F. Cover to Joseph A. Waesche)
April 8th, 1910 Joseph A. Waesche to Charles A. Waesche and Laura (his wife) "Prosperity" part of "Resurvery of Pipe Creek Hills"
April 1st, 1915 Charles A. Waesche and Laura (his wife) "Prosperity" part of "Resurvery of Pipe Creek Hills" (93+ acres) to William C. Miller and Sarah E. Miller(wife) for $7000
Maryland State Department of Assessments & Taxation(SDAT) has Primary structure constructed 1922. SqFt is basically only the ~25'X65' 2 story house attached to old plant
Carroll County Circuit Court Liber 141, page 293 February 9, 1923 William C. Miller and wife to Fairfield Farms Dairy Inc.
Carroll County Circuit Court Liber 150, page 176 February 13, 1928 Fairfield Farms Dairy Inc to Western Maryland Dairy Corp.
Carroll County Circuit Court Liber 273, page 436 October 1, 1956 09:30 Western Maryland Dairy Inc. Merged with National Dairy Products Corp
Carroll County Circuit Court Liber 438, page 511 May 24, 1968 National Dairy Corp Delaware to Roger D. Liller and Peggy L. Liller for $10?
MD SDAT October 10, 1996 Robert Eugene Liller to Helen Liller for $0
MD SDAT June 26, 1997 Helen Liller to Rose Marie Beacham and James Dwayne Beacham for $0
- Still no listing in Ice and Refrigeration as of 1923
- (from Richard Wilhide)Detour Cooling station built about 1929-1931. They made ice there.
had to pull locomotive engine up one time while repairing boiler.
Used to dump whey into creek great fishing until health dept cracked into them.
That's when repair shop went in to make powdered milk
Train used to pick up milk go to Rocky Ridge Y to turn around
(Jimmy Coushon told Richard this he used to run Key grain) used to assemble hay loader Leroy Coushon's father was Jimmy Richard's cousin
Key grain was where North Glade was. Peter D Koons ran it before Key got ahold of it. One in Detour burned a couple times
There's a turn table on Y road Eddie Nulls grandfather told that Roberts Mill rd bridge that crosses that is old turntable from Y road.
Created: 11-03-2017 09:53AM
Modified: 11-03-2017 11:59AM